at lest 3 sharp pieces of angle iron poised to penetrate the soft bottom of a work boot! all pieces were moved to the palette in the background, and point down!
Taking the time to unplug the device after use makes for a safer environment.
This doorway was covered by a polytarp and had its top rail removed prior to arrival, after discovery by a K.E.N. the tarp was removed and danger tape was placed over the opening. The permanent solution would be to weld in a top rail at OSHA required 42″. There was no funding yet for this vessel,
it has a no entry barrier on the gangway.
Plenty of places to tie up ladders on edge with thin cord to remove the tripping hazard, but no time for that!
This welding lead was repositioned to the structural member, a pipe leg below the manifold outlet by a K.E.N.
- Confined space without a proper entry tag
- This confined space was untagged.
- OSHA says any part of the body penetrating the plane of the opening…..
- it is obvious that new construction has taken place in this opening.
- The opening was danger taped by a K.E.N. untill a shipboard competent person could air test and tag the opening safe for entry.
- This K.E.N. had to make entry to idlh atmosphere for a body removal
- and he chooses to not do it again! ever!